[opencms-dev] empty workspace (was: OpenCms 6.0 alpha 2 released)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Oct 27 19:04:16 CEST 2004

> >> OpenCms 6.0 alpha 2 (aka 5.5.3) has been released and is available
> >> for download from the http://www.opencms.org website.
> >

> > Hi, I tried it , but I have the same problem as before, the
> workplace
> > is empty and my Mozilla's JavaScript console shows:
> >
> > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Index or size is
> negative or
> > greater than the allowed amount"  code: "1" nsresult: "0x80530001
> > (NS_ERROR_DOM_INDEX_SIZE_ERR)"  location:
> >
> "http://localhost:8080/cms/opencms/system/workplace/views/top_head.jsp
> > Line: 13"]
>
> On further investigation, I used webappname "opencms" and
> database name "opencms", but the problem persists. It si
> caused by JavaScript code in top_head.jsp which is:
>
>   12   function loadBody() {
>   13       var link =
> document.forms.wpViewSelect.wpView.options[document.forms.wpVi
> ewSelect.wpView.selectedIndex].value;
>   14       window.top.body.location.href = link;
>   15   }
>
> i.e it tries to get the selected option from form
> "wpViewSelect", but it is empty:
>
> <form name="wpViewSelect" method="post"
> action="/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/views/top_head.jsp">
> onchange="document.forms.wpViewSelect.submit()">
> </select>
> </form>
>
> In the top_head.jsp the code generating the selection is:
>
>          wp.getViewSelect("name=\"wpView\" style=\"width:150px\"
> onchange=\"document.forms.wpViewSelect.submit()\"")

Maybe there is a confict of libaries, e.g. Xerces or Digester, that causes a
file not to be imported? Check ouf WEB-INF/config/setup.log to see if there
are any issues reported during setup. This is a fairly uncommon issue. The
wpViewSelect is filled from the folders in (VFS) /system/workplace/views/...

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts