[opencms-dev] Problem Installing 6.0 alpha 1&2 on WinXP

Andreas Lemke lemke at dialog.uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Oct 29 17:27:48 CEST 2004

> > 28 Okt 2004 11:55:32,796  INFO
> > [rg.opencms.jsp.CmsJspLoginBean: 202] Login
> > of user 'Admin' on page /sites/default/index.jsp
> > 28 Okt 2004 11:55:37,702 DEBUG
> > [rg.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager:1969] Access
> > to resource /system/workplace/views/top_fs.jsp not permitted for user
> > Export, required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c
> >
> > --> Therefore, I see no views.
> >
> > So, I log in as user "Admin", but am treated as user "Export"
> > then.
> >
> > I directly access OpenCMS through port 8080 of tomcat,
> > there's no wrapping / mod-proxying etc. from i.e. apache
>
> Have you enabled cookies for the OpenCms website?
>
> If so, this is most unusual, since the login process apparently works in
> most environments (there are no known issues so far). However, it
explains
> why you see no views. So we must look for issues in the login process.
Maybe
> there is some setting in your system that causes an issue with the login
> detection.
>
> Can you provide a more detailed description of your environment?
> Did you make any special, non-standard settings (e.g. what about the IE
> security settings)?
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex.

Hello!

I debugged through the system. I found that user Export is tested on
purpose,
not as a mix up with user Admin.

This code gets executed

    protected boolean exportRequired(CmsObject cmsParam, String vfsName) {
        boolean result = false;
        if (OpenCms.getStaticExportManager().isStaticExportEnabled()) {
            try {
                // static export must always be checked with the export
users permissions,
                // not the current users permissions
                CmsObject cms =
OpenCms.initCmsObject(OpenCms.getDefaultUsers().getUserExport());
.
.
.

from class org.opencms.staticexport.CmsLinkManager

So now the question is whether it's normal or not that exportRequired() is
called during log in of user Admin.
I give that back to the experts. Maybe you can give me some hints which
classes I should set breakpoints
in to see what happens to the user that logs in and where tests are done
with this user while opening
the workspace.

I debug with "Forte for Java 4, Community Edition".

regards and nice weekend,
   Andreas