[opencms-dev] Problem Installing 6.0 alpha 1&2 on WinXP

Andreas Lemke lemke at dialog.uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Nov 1 10:51:24 CET 2004

Hi!

In my debugging scenario I start with the URL

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login

which presents me the "self-drawn" Username/Password window.

> All the interesting stuff regarding login happens in the following class:
>
> org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore
>
> You should setp thriugh the following methods there:
>
> private CmsObject initCmsObject(HttpServletRequest req,
HttpServletResponse res)

Various versions of initCmsObject with different parameter signatures are
called
during start up (before requesting a URL) and then during requesting a URL,
but never
the version with only request and response object. I saw no error exits
indicating
that maybe user permissions are missing.

> private void checkBasicAuthorization(CmsObject cms, HttpServletRequest
req,
> HttpServletResponse res)

Gets called seldomly and then never does anything, because req.getHeader
("Authorization")
always returns null. I never see the BASIC authorization dialog, only the
"self-made" as above,
so this should be normal.

> And finally
>
> private void updateUser(CmsObject cms, HttpServletRequest req)
>
> You should monitor the value of cms.getRequestContext().currentUser().

Always contains "Admin".

> The login itself happens in this class:
>
> com.opencms.workplace.CmsLoginNew
>
> There you should step through the method:
>
> public byte[] getContent(CmsObject cms....

Runs smooth, no exceptions, user/password is verify using prepared
statement, etc.

I think the login part works.

I now suspect code on the "other side", i.e. when the workplace is
displayed and filled.
Is there a source I can debug which fills e.g. the "View" combo box in the
workplace?
Or something that is done on that part which checks permissions from the
user currently logged in.

regards,
   Andreas