[opencms-dev] Urgent Opencms hangs Oracle 9IAS 9.0.3

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 19:07:23 CET 2004

Dear Dariush,

Thanks a lot for your helps. As your recommendation, I will try to install a plain and clean opencms later because I am a little busy these days.I agree with you, It seems it can be a good startup.

I use oracleAs 10g and OC4j 9.0.4 which run on Linux SUSE.The DB is Oracle10g too.
When I deploy and install new opencms, it works well but after some minutes, it starts to hang in a way that I can not see pages in explorer view unless reload page. also in administration view, when I try to open  management tools like 'module management', a dialog window which asks username and password for authentication  in server is displayed, then some functionality like upload or make a new module gets disabled(although the project is offline).

I looked at connections in my oc4j instance, when it hangs both used and total connections get 15. so I tried to activate datasource, which increased total connection but those problems that I mentioned, continued.

Do you think these kinds of problems related to modules which I have added to opencms or they are caused by servers?

Best Regards,
Farnaz

Dariush <dariush at eximia.it> wrote:
Hi Farnaz,
Sorry if I'm asking every time for the same thing, but I think that a good
startup should be a plain installation from Wizard executed directly from
10GAS.
A 'clean' installation, from a 'clean' environment, not a migration from a
plain installation from tomcat to 10GAS...
I experienced problems switching directly from tomcat to oc4j, so I started
from a clean installation, then I imported my project and modules from the
administration tool.

- Are you using 10GAS on windows, linux or solaris?
Consider that opencms creates filesystem files under the WEB-INF/jsp dir
(for flex cache), and also into the export dir.

- Are you able to reproduce exactly the error scenario?
Please give me an answer about that, I would help you better with this info.

Dariush.