[opencms-dev] empty workspace - solved

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Nov 8 17:27:33 CET 2004

This is good news. I was quite at a loss what may caused the error. Can
others confirm that?

BTW, OpenCms usees "UTF-8" as default encoding. I recommend using this
encoding for MySQL also if possible.

You may try setting up with MySQL 4.1 (now that 4.1 is released as "stable"
this should be no problem). The handling of encoding is better in MySQL 4.1,
and we have attached the encoding to every table on creation. If you do set
up with 4.1, please let me know if an "out of the box" setup works or not.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts