[opencms-dev] Moving groups of files in the hierarchy

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 20:34:05 CET 2004

Robert Burén <robert.buren at gmail.com> writes:

> We have developed our site in a directory called "/mysite.se" in the
> VFS. Now we want to move everything up one step, so that everything
> ends up directly under the root. How can we do this in as few steps as
> possible, while keeping all internal links consistent?

I'd

    - export /mysite.se/ via database administration
    - unzip the export file
    - replace /mysite.se/ with / in all files beneath
      the unzipped folder /sites/
    - replace in manifest.xml in the node <destination />
      /mysite.se/ with /
    - zip the export again
    - import the file via database administration

Or use the synchronisation feature, which should be even simpler.

Regards,
Thomas