[opencms-dev] Exception trying to edit html files. Seems to be unable to create temp file.

Robert Burén robert.buren at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:17:12 CET 2004

Hi all!

I get the following exception when trying to "Edit sourcecode" on a html file:

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error:
Can not read projectId of tempfileproject for creating temporary file
for editing! java.lang.NumberFormatException: null.
	at com.opencms.workplace.CmsXmlTemplateEditor.getContent(CmsXmlTemplateEditor.java:255)
	at com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:171)
	at com.opencms.template.cache.CmsUri.callCanonicalRoot(CmsUri.java:185)
	at com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementCache.callCanonicalRoot(CmsElementCache.java:149)
	at com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.generateOutput(CmsXmlLauncher.java:285)
	at com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.launch(CmsXmlLauncher.java:341)
	at com.opencms.launcher.A_CmsLauncher.initlaunch(A_CmsLauncher.java:274)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.showResource(OpenCms.java:961)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.doGet(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:310)
[...]

It worked for me a couple of days ago. I have made some changes since
then, so I'm sure I've made a mistake somewhere, but I can't figure
out where. The changes we're mostly related to trying to get rid of
the "/opencms/opencms" from the urls (which is done now).

I have looked at the source code throwing the exception, and it is
obvious that the reason for the exception is that in my
WEB-INF/config/registry.xml file, the "tempfileproject" element is
completely empty. The source code expects an integer here. But how do
I fix it? Why did it work before? (I certainly haven't changed this
file manually.)

Please help if you can!

Thanks,

Robert