[opencms-dev] problem with JSTL EL

Andy Kriger akriger at greaterthanone.com
Wed Nov 10 20:57:02 CET 2004

I'm seeing a strange problem that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen. I
am trying to use the JSTL c:out tag with expression language to display
information stored in the pageContext and request.

in my JSP
<c:set value="TEST" var="test"/>
<c:out value="${test}"/><br>
<%=pageContext.getAttribute("test")%><br>
<c:if test="${test}">
TRUE
</c:if><br>
<c:if test="<%="TEST".equals(pageContext.getAttribute("test"))%>">
TRUE
</c:if><br>

what I see
${test}
TEST

TRUE

So, the c tags are working (set, out, if all do something)
But, expression language does not work - the expressions are not being
evaluated

I am running Tomcat 5.0.28 with OpenCMS 6a2 and Java1.4.2
I installed the jstl-examples webapp and do not see problems with EL there.
So, I am wondering if anyone has had problems with EL within OpenCms.

thx
andy