[opencms-dev] problem indexing xmlpages in italian

Stefano Suzzi s.suzzi at protesa.it
Thu Nov 11 20:37:17 CET 2004

in ocms 6.0 alpha 2, I've created 2 xmlpages with locale en and one with
locale it and then create index that was ok,

Then when I search (from admin) I can find the english items but the one in
Italian I can find only from the words on title keywords and description,
but not on the content,

and in the result excerpt field displayed is empty.

It looks like that the Italian stemmer clear all the word before indexing
them.

In opencms-search.xml is configured like this:

                                   <analyzer>

<class>org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer</class>

                                               <stemmer>Italian</stemmer>

                                               <locale>it</locale>

                                   </analyzer>

In lib dir there is the snowball-1.0.jar

that contains the org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer.class
and the

net.sf.snowball.ext.ItalianStemmer.class, (strange package)

Any idea?

Do I miss something ?

Thanks

Stefano.