[opencms-dev] Proxy Problems

Oliver Pereira Oliver.Pereira at dna.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 18:22:56 CET 2004

Hi,

I have the following configuration setup in my apache httpd.conf (this
change is to remove the /opencms/opencms/ from the URL).

Everything works fine except one problem and i.e. if I uncomment the
ProxyPass from the configuration as shown below it removes the opencms
from the URL but then the Login doesn't work. But with the current
configuration the Login works but opencms is still part of the URL.

I am using Apache 2.0, Tomcat 5.0 and OpenCMS 6.0 apha 2

Any inputs would be highly appreciated

 <VirtualHost www.alkakon.net>
     ServerName www.alkakon.net

     DocumentRoot "C:/tomcat50/webapps/"
     ErrorLog logs/error.log

    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect
   CustomLog logs/localhost-access.log common env=!redirect

     #ProxyPass         /opencms/         ! <=== uncommenting this line
removes the opencms from the URL but then the login does not work
     RedirectPermanent /opencms/        http://www.alkakon.net/

     ProxyPass         /resources/
http://127.0.0.1:8082/resources/
     ProxyPass         /export/          http://127.0.0.1:8082/export/