[opencms-dev] how connect to database from jsp ?

Jonathan Roberts j_droberts at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 13:14:59 CET 2004

Is there a best practivce pattern in openCMS version 5 / 6 to do this, by either using :
* the same database
* a different database

* app server connectin pooling
* opencms connection pooling (API)

Does anyone have docs, links?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Steve <steve.welsh at redplanetuk.com> wrote:
Yes, I suppose you could. Sorry, I thought you wanted to use a separate
database for your jsp application, rather than use the OpenCms one. I
prefer to use a separate database whenever possible for any client
specific application - I find it makes upgrades and deployments much
simpler.

Steve,

REDPlanet Technologies Ltd,
Salters House, Salters Lane Ind. Est., Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees,
TS21 3EE

www.redplanetuk.com
Tel +44 (1740) 625222