[opencms-dev] MyQSL is a hunk of shit

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Nov 23 14:12:51 CET 2004

Hi,

Now that I have your attention...

I asked several very polite questions about using opencms with
PostgreSQL which went without reply. I am trying to hack a version of
opencms that has some PostgreSQL support but I do not have the source
and the person who wrote the version does not seem to be around any
more.

1. You have MySQL, Oracle, SAP and (shudder) mssql in the source for
5.0.1. This means that you have written an app that is DB agnostic, this
is good. What is the reason for no PostgreSQL?

2. If you don't want PostgreSQL support please be so polite as to say
"go away please", I will un-subscribe and go use someone else's CMS.

Thanks for your time and please excuse my intrusion

Tony Grant