[opencms-dev] Export 404

trent_mcclenahan at mlc.com.au trent_mcclenahan at mlc.com.au
Wed Nov 24 04:39:18 CET 2004

G'day Marc,

I'm having the same problem with static export.  I have my configuration
file setup similiar to you.  From what I can work out, your paths are
correct.

I've been looking at the static export manager code, and I wonder if there
is a bug in there.  For instance, look at the line below in method
exportTemplateResources(List publishedTemplateResources, I_CmsReport
report):

String exportUrlStr = getExportUrl() + getRfsPrefix() + rfsName;

So it appears that for each rfsName in the list, it is building up this URL
which it will then use to request the resource from OpenCMS (dynamically,
not statically).  This seperate request  (using the last modified date of
the static resource if it already exists) should get OpenCMS to dump the
resource  to the file system (a-la 'on demand' mode I am presuming).
However, the URL is pointing to the static resource which makes no sense!

i.e.
http://localhost:8080/opencms/export/sites/default/release/welcome.html

Can any of the Alkacon guys shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Trent McClenahan

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Marc Davenport      |
|         |           <mdavenport at endeca.c|
|         |           om>                 |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           opencms-dev-bounces@|
|         |           opencms.org         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           23/11/2004 08:07 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           The OpenCms mailing |
|         |           list                |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       "Opencms (E-mail)" <opencms-dev at opencms.org>                                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  [opencms-dev] Export 404                                                                                      |

I'm still trying to figure out static export in version 6.

Right now when I do a Static export I get this error message.

Starting static export ...
Export Non-Template Resources...
(1 / 1) Exporting /system/shared/page.dtd ... o.k.
... Export Non-Template Resources completed.
Export Template Resources...
(1 / 2) Exporting /Page2.html ... 404
(2 / 2) Exporting /index.html ... 404
... Export Template Resources completed.
Statistics: duration: 00:00:01
... the static export is finished

I'm sure this is because I'm confusing the paths\vfs\rfs prefixes from the
config xml files.

Below I have the static export part of the opencms-importexport.xml file

<staticexport enabled="true">
                         <mode>after-publish</mode>
                         <exportpath>/home/mdavenpo/site/</exportpath>
                         <defaultpropertyvalue>true</defaultpropertyvalue>
                         <defaultsuffixes>
                                     <suffix key=".jpg"/>
                                     <suffix key=".gif"/>
                                     <suffix key=".png"/>
                                     <suffix key=".doc"/>
                                     <suffix key=".xls"/>
                                     <suffix key=".ppt"/>
                                     <suffix key=".pdf"/>
                                     <suffix key=".txt"/>
                                     <suffix key=".css"/>
                                     <suffix key=".zip"/>
                                     <suffix key=".swf"/>
                         </defaultsuffixes>
                         <rendersettings>

<rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>

<vfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}${SERVLET_NAME}</vfs-prefix>

<userelativelinks>false</userelativelinks>

<exporturl>http://127.0.0.1:8080${CONTEXT_NAME}/</exporturl>

<plainoptimization>true</plainoptimization>
                                     <testresource
uri="/system/shared/page.dtd"/>
                                     <resourcestorender>
                                                 <regex>/sites/.*</regex>

<regex>/system/galleries/.*</regex>

<regex>/system/modules/.*/resources/.*</regex>
                                     </resourcestorender>
                         </rendersettings>
             </staticexport>

Does someone see a glaring mistake?

Thanks,
Marc Davenport

This email message and any attachments are confidential to Endeca. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify Endeca immediately -- by
replying to this message or by sending an email to: legal at endeca.com -- and
destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.