[opencms-dev] where do I post a log file

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Wed Nov 24 13:40:07 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:46 +0100, tony wrote:

> com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed error:
> [com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess]ERROR:  Function
> concat(character varying, "unknown") does not exist
>         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given
> argument types
>         You may need to add explicit typecasts
> .
> root cause was java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Function
> concat(character varying, "unknown") does not exist
>         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given
> argument types
>         You may need to add explicit typecasts

This is the error. My guess is that the generic sql scripts use the
concat function, but your DB (PostgreSQL I guess) doesn't support it.

FYI: A friend of mine is currently adding specific PostgreSQL support to
the CVS version of OpenCMS 6.x. As soon as we've done enough testing we
will give it to Alkacon for inclusion.

Tristan