Solved! Re: AW: [opencms-dev] RV: Problems following OpenCmsmanual tutorial

Mauricio A. Taslik mautas at lumenart.com.ar
Wed Nov 24 17:14:03 CET 2004

Well I'd like to thank all you people that helped out this problem with the
xerces library. Now I am able to edit html pages from OpenCms 5. I read this
was discussed long before in the list since it seems to be a known OpenCms 5
issue. I apologize for this, but I am new both to OpenCms and the forums.

I solved the problem renaming the xerces jar file that came with Tomcat and
copying the one that came with OpenCms to the ../endorsed folder ... I guess
I could handle it playing with vars like CLASS_PATH and not touching the
original "file system structure" at all but I wanted a fast (altough a litte
bit dirty) solution. As long as I don't use Tomcat for another application
thar relies on the newer xerces library I think there should be no problem
at all.

Regards and thanks again.

Mauricio