[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6.0-alpha2 Multi-language support

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Thu Nov 25 14:45:03 CET 2004

"Olli Aro" <olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I have thought lately a lot about possible options for implementing locales
> in properties / metadata and think the only viable option is to use schema
> such as title_en, title_de... What do others think?

I'd rather use siblings and synchronize the language folders.
So if a new file under /de/new.html is created and /en/new.html does not
exist, OpenCms could automatically create /en/new.html as sibling of
/de/new.html. I'd prefer this approach. You could add a listener for
this or simply write a synchronisation class to accomplish this task.

And you still have to solve the problem with empty language content,
e. g. if /en/new.html now exists, but has no content, what should be displayed?

As somebody already mentioned, a good solution would be folder siblings,
but this won't be available soon.

Regards,
Thomas