[opencms-dev] publish directly

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Nov 26 14:03:05 CET 2004

> what is "Publish directly" supposed to do ? I have set static
> export "after publish", and when I do "publish directly"
> on only single file, ALL exportable files get staticaly
> exported in that moment, which takes veeeeerrrry long time.
>
> Is this the proper behavior ?

Yes. The issue is that even if you change just one single file, this file
may have been referenced by number of other pages, e.g. in the navigation,
as included element etc. So each page is checked if it contains a reference
to the published file, which can take a long time.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts