[opencms-dev] publish directly

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Nov 29 11:37:43 CET 2004

> Oh, I see, I did not know that it is implemented thru 404 handler.
> Then my problem is indeed in the fact that Apache is serving
> tha pages and thus the 404 handler is not invoked.

Here's an example apache virtualhost config that enables static export "on
demand" with 6.0.
It's based on our Apachae httpd / mod_proxy / Tomact configuration.

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName test.alkacon.com
    ServerAdmin a.kandzior at alkacon.com
    DocumentRoot "/var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT/"
    ErrorLog logs/error.log

    # Redirect all request to non-existing file in the export directory to
OpenCms which will generate the files "on the fly"
    RewriteEngine     on
    RewriteCond       %{REQUEST_URI}
^/export/(.*)  [NC]
    RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}"
!-f
    RewriteCond
"%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html"   !-f
    RewriteRule       .*
<http://127.0.0.1:8086/opencms/handle404?exporturi=%>
http://127.0.0.1:8086/opencms/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STR
ING} [P]

    # Also redirect all other 404 errors to OpenCms
    ErrorDocument     404
/system/shared/handle404.html

    RedirectPermanent /opencms/                  <http://test.alkacon.com/>
http://test.alkacon.com/
    ProxyPass         /opencms/                 !

    ProxyPass         /resources/               !
    ProxyPass         /export/                  !
    ProxyPass         /skins/                   !

    ProxyPass         /
<http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/> http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/
    ProxyPassReverse  /
<http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/> http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/