[opencms-dev] "Content definition" and "Master Module" APIs heading to be obsolete

DuĊĦan Saiko dusan at saiko.cz
Tue Dec 7 18:18:53 CET 2004

Hi all.

I have found this information from Alexander Kandzior in the mailing
list, stating that the "Content definition" and the "Master Module"
will be obsolete in feature releases of OpenCms:

"OpenCms 6 will feature the so called "xmlcontent" for structured content.
This will render the "News" module as well as the "Content definition" and
"Master Module" APIs obsolete."

Our case is, that we have quite complicated object model which is
interconnected all together and there are thousands of articles written
in it.
This objects can not be probably stored very much in XML, mainly because
the inner object references and searching capabilities through the
object properties.

Could you please help me answering the question, if the content
definition is going to be deprecated,
what is the best way to develop our OpenCms solution in such a way we
would have our own data model residing in our own db tables,
and our objects will have most of the OpenCms object properties like
locking, publishing, versioning/history, wysiwyg form design etc ?
It is quite important question for us right now.

Thanx in advance for help.

Dusan Saiko