[opencms-dev] Tomcat Standalone Configuration

Corbey, Clayton CorbeyC at brandonrha.mb.ca
Thu Dec 9 16:53:53 CET 2004

Does anyone know how to configure Tomcat-STANDALONE for multiple websites
that have different domains on the SAME machine WITHOUT the
/opencms/opencms/ context/servlet?

I've searched high and low, all I can find is Tomcat/Apache config doc's.
I've tried many different things based on these doc's but nothing seems to
work.

Do I need proxy software? Can it even be done?

OpenCMS 6A2
Tomcat 5.0.28
MySQL 4.1.17
LINUX Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0

An example domain is brandonrha.mb.ca. My server is called brha-opencms. my
site is under /sites/brandonrha/. Each domain is in the master DNS,
resolves, pings etc.

I have the default Host and Connector in Tomcat (except the connector is for
port 80). The only changes I have are installing OpenCMS as the ROOT app
(removes the FIRST /opencms/). Must I add another host for
brha-opencms.brandonrha.mb.ca? It never made a difference before...!

Do I need to change something in opencms-importexport.xml? Like the code in
bold? I've removed/altered them before with disastrous results (can't find
the /system/login/ after that)
    <rendersettings>
                        <rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>

<vfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}${SERVLET_NAME}</vfs-prefix>
                        <userelativelinks>false</userelativelinks>
                        <exporturl> <http://127.0.0.1:8080/$>
http://127.0.0.1:8080/${CONTEXT_NAME}/handle404</exporturl>
                        <plainoptimization>true</plainoptimization>
                        <testresource uri="/system/shared/page.dtd"/>
                        <resourcestorender>
                                <regex>/sites/.*</regex>
                                <regex>/system/galleries/.*</regex>

<regex>/system/modules/.*/resources/.*</regex>
                        </resourcestorender>
                </rendersettings>

Is my opencms-system.xml wrong?

<sites>

<workplace-server>http://localhost</workplace-server>
                        <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
                        <site server="http://localhost <http://localhost> "
uri="/sites/default/"/>
                        <site server="http://brha-opencms
<http://brha-opencms> " uri="/sites/brandonrha/"/>
                </sites>

Any advice would be helpful... I'm coming to my wits end!

-Clayton