[opencms-dev] Flex cache strange behaviour - HELP

Dariush dariush at eximia.it
Sat Dec 11 21:38:27 CET 2004

Hi list,
I'm running opencms installed on oc4j with an apache2 server as proxy.
I've a problem with flex cache, accessing opencms through the proxy as
frontend.

Basically, I have a frontend apache that proxies requests to opencms, as
follow:
the frontend accepts requests from [public_domain_name]:80 and proxies
requests to the backend server (the one that hosts oepncms) as [localname]:
[localport]

A strange thing happens because, when accessing opencms from this proxy, the
flex cache says me that no contents are cached, but it's not true (i print a
timestamp in generated pages and these pages are really cached by flex).

Another strange thing is that, accessing an opencms page directly from oc4j,
timestamp generated is different that the proxied one....

It seems that 2 different pages are cached if I request the same page from
oc4j and from the frontend http server!

Thus, when I invalidate the flex cache, pages accessed directly from oc4j
http server are correctly invalidated, but not pages accessed from the
frontend http server...the only way to reset this cache is to restart the
application server...

Any suggestion? This's a problem because i'm not able to publish new
contents without restarting

As additional info, i'm using oc4j as standalone with it's http server, no
oracle http server and no webcache.

Where is flex cache mantained? The directory specified into
opencms.properties contains only jsp files, but where does flex cache my jsp
templates and all related components?
Can I invalidate cache removing the filesystem files?

Best regards, Dariush.