R: [opencms-dev] Please help I can't create new page , edit page and source code

marcotizzano at aliceposta.it marcotizzano at aliceposta.it
Mon Dec 13 10:23:53 CET 2004

hi

the resolution to your exception it's very simple.

Look in the forlder %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\lib\
there is a file named "xerces-1_4_4.jar". Copy this file in the folder
%TOMCAT_HOME%/common/endorsed
and rename the file xercesImpl.jar (for example xercesImpl.jar.old)

Then restart Tomcat and everything should be work.

Note.: I noticed that some time opencms (during the error you shown me)
clear the file "registry.xm"l sited in folder %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\opencms\WEB-
INF\config. Be careful that this happen or not. If so try to get back this
file again (in some way :-) )

I hope this halp you.

Bye