[opencms-dev] I'm still having stability issues with OpenCMS

John Giammarche jgiammarche at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 19:53:10 CET 2004

Hello everyone...I'm still having problems with my
production server, but I'm closer to finding a
solution.

The last words in catalina.out are:

SEVERE: All threads (175) are currently busy, waiting.
Increase maxThreads (175) or check the servlet status

Then the java process remains active, but OpenCMS
doesn't respond to any requests. As you see, I changed
the max number of processors from 75 to 600, but the
problem persists.

I've tried to run tomcat wrapped in the Java Servide
Wrapper from Tanuki Software, but it doesn't restar
the JVM when I need it. Today OpenCMS stopped
responding and I didn't even get the SEVERE error
message...I don't know if that is the real problem, or
wwhat to do...

I paste below again my machine specs:

 CPU: Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz, HT enabled
 RAM: 256 MB
 Swap: 1 GB
 Kernel:  2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp
 OpenCMS version: 5.0.1 (Kaitain)
 Oracle version: Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
 Production
 Tomcat version: 4.1.31
 Apache version: 2.0.50

I hope someone can help me, because this is a
production server and I have no clue...

regards,

John