[opencms-dev] Problem with binary files with IE

pasijtj at evtek.fi pasijtj at evtek.fi
Wed Dec 22 10:27:40 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a problem opening binary files in OpenCMS with Internet Explorer. I have
uploaded some .ppt and .xls -files to CMS and everything seems to work fine as
long as I'm browsing files offline. As soon as I publish the files and try to
open them online, IE doesn't seem to understand them anymore. I just get some
binary crap on the screen. With Firefox everything works fine. Has anyone had
the same problem? Any suggestions how to fix it (Change browser is not
acceptable answer since the clients won't do it)?

Development environment:
Windows XP Professional
Internet Explorer 6.0.29000.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
Apache Tomcat 4.1.31
OpenCms 5.01
MySQL 4.0.22

I've already tried to add .ppt and .xls to Administration > Resource Type
Management

Thanks!

-pade