[opencms-dev] deleting a file

bart vandendriessche bart at nascom.be
Wed Dec 22 14:52:11 CET 2004

I seem to be having an odd problem when trying to delete a file. This is
my code:

try {
            cmso.lockResource(file, true);
            cmso.deleteResource(file);
            cmso.publishResource(file);
            response.sendRedirect("index.html");
        } catch ( CmsException cmse ) {
            cmse.printStackTrace();
            out.println("couldn't delete file " + file);
        }

Now, for some reason, the file is always properly deleted from the
offline project (it is strikedthrough and marked as deleted in the
explorer) but I keep getting errors when trying to publish the file
after deleting. Anybody have any idea why this would be the case ? The
error is as follows:

    com.opencms.core.CmsException: 32 Resource deleted. Detailed error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] <nameoffile>

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

-Bart