[opencms-dev] getting rid of /opencms/opencms in my URL

aravind kumar aravindkuppala at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 10:28:00 CET 2004

Hi All,

 I uploaded a static (HTML) site into opencms
now the problem is While accessing that I have to give http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/mysite

Instead how to get my site name directly. I mean http://localhost:8080/mysite

please some one help me.

regards
aravind

Alexander Kandzior <alex at opencms.org> wrote:
Hi all,

OpenCms 6.0 alpha 3 (aka 5.5.4) has been released and is available for
download from the http://www.opencms.org website.

This release adds more features to the XML content, enabling developers to
create powerful XML content definitions, including nested XML schemas.

Also available is support for Java 1.5 and PostgreSQL.

Moreover, the "galleries" (in older releases only available from the MS
Dhtml WYSIWYG editor) have been completly re-written for improved user
productivity, plus they can now also be used as Widgets for XML contents and
are also available in the HtmlArea editor.

In case you try out this 6.0 alpha 3 release, please provide feedback
regarding the new XML content features and the new galleries.

For a full list of features and open issue in this release, please check out
the release notes that come with the download, or have a look at the OpenCms
homepage at http://www.opencms.org.

Any help in developing the OpenCms 6.0 "final" version is greatly
appreciated. The more help we get the sooner we can expect a stable release.
If you want to contribute, please contact me directly, or send a mail to
this mailing list.

Thanks very much to Antonio Core for his contribution of the PostgeSQL
database driver.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior