[opencms-dev] Upgrading OpenCms 6

Mario Juric mario.juric at privat.tdcadsl.dk
Wed Dec 29 13:00:06 CET 2004

Hi Jerry,

I am pretty much in a similar situation and as far as I know there is only
one way to do this. Exporting your database and modules followed by imports
in the new version. Remember to transfer your opencms.properties settings
explicitly in case you altered them. Here are some threads you can follow:

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q2/011295.html
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013173.html
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009819.html
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q3/012652.html

They are not up to date with the version you are using but I think it is
pretty much similar. There is also some older update information available
in the /sites/default/release/upgrade.html directory in the OpenCMS 5.3.5
workplace.

I once before tried to upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.3.5. Although it wasn't that
hard it still does not seem trivial to me. Besides some compatibility issues
I also had to delete the old OpenCMS MySQL database first before I could run
setup on the new version (???).

I am about to upgrade from 5.3.5 to 6.0 alpha 3 and I believe it is not much
different than upgrading from 6.0 alpha 2. Tell me if you know an easier
path. Good Luck.

Regards
Mario