[opencms-dev] java.lang.OutofMemoryError ( when Deleting aproject)

Steve steve.welsh at redplanetuk.com
Wed Dec 29 15:08:11 CET 2004

Hi Aravind, Hans,

Hope you don't mind me poking my nose in, but I believe the suggested
solution will only work if Tomcat is NOT running as a Windows SERVICE.

If it is installed as a SERVICE it will not read YOUR environment on
startup and you must pass these to the jvm directly.  You will need to
uninstall the service (NOT uninstall Tomcat) and re-install with the
options being passed as parameters.

Below is my example with Tomcat 5:-

tomcat -uninstall "Apache Tomcat 5.0"

tomcat -install "Apache Tomcat 5.0" %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tool
s.jar -Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME% %CATALINA_OPTS%
-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 -Xrs -Xms512m -Xmx128m -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stdout.log -err %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log

Hope this helps.

Steve,
REDPlanet Technologies Ltd