[opencms-dev] Changes to multi-site configuration in OpenCMS 6

Mario Juric mario.juric at privat.tdcadsl.dk
Wed Dec 29 22:24:00 CET 2004

Hi,

Just upgrade from version 5.3.5 to 6.0 alpha 3 and I am trying to create a
multi-site OpenCMS configuration in version 6.0 alpha 3.

I've read the Tomcat and Apache mod_proxy documentation for version 5 and
I've also studied Alex' errata on the mailing list.

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009910.html

I still have some question though before embarking on anything hasty.

1. The errata is referring to the opencms.properties file but it appears to
me that the latest version is using opencsm-system.xml, which is also found
in the config directory. After inspecting the file I concluded that I need
to add a "site" child element under the "sites" parent element for each of
my sites. Is this the way to do it from now on?

2. After importing my old database I found my sites to be placed in
"/sites/default/sites/" instead of being paced directly under "/sites/".
E.g. "/sites/default/sites/mysite" instead of "/sites/mysite" as it was the
case in version 5.3.5, which I used before. Is this where personal sites are
supposed to be placed from now on or is this an import error?

Didn't find anything about this and I would appreciate if anyone could help
me answer these questions. Everything else seems to be working as expected
after the upgrade.

Thanks

Mario