[opencms-dev] Changes to multi-site configuration in OpenCMS 6

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Wed Dec 29 23:35:35 CET 2004

"Mario Juric" <mario.juric at privat.tdcadsl.dk> writes:

> Just upgrade from version 5.3.5 to 6.0 alpha 3 and I am trying to create a
> multi-site OpenCMS configuration in version 6.0 alpha 3.

> in the config directory. After inspecting the file I concluded that I need
> to add a "site" child element under the "sites" parent element for each of
> my sites. Is this the way to do it from now on?

AFAIK this will leverage deploying multiple OpenCms Servlets,
but AFAIK the different sites will use anyway the same user database.

So you get multiple sites without deploying different Servlets,
but I couldn't yet get the difference to setting the permissions
to "-v-r" in the same site root, apart from

| configuration you can have any other hostname(s) in front (ie. httpd.conf),
| the 8080/8081 only goes in the Tomcat server.xml configuration. With the

I mean: use EditorsA for folderA and EditorsB for folderB.

Well, I have to check this feature for myself in a new project, too.

> 2. After importing my old database I found my sites to be placed in
> "/sites/default/sites/" instead of being paced directly under "/sites/".
> E.g. "/sites/default/sites/mysite" instead of "/sites/mysite" as it was the
> case in version 5.3.5, which I used before. Is this where personal sites are
> supposed to be placed from now on or is this an import error?

I'd say yes, but use the same site root, e. g.

    export from    | import to

    /sites/default | /sites/default

Regards,
Thomas,

        who upgraded from CVS HEAD to CVS HEAD about 50 times,
        who upgraded from 5.0.1 to CVS HEAD about 15 times,
        is still running and won't upgrade 5.3.6,
        now uses Alpha 3,
        still maintains some 5.0.1 almost perfectly running sites.