[opencms-dev] A Free Feature-Rich Java RDBMS for OpenCMS

Ashish Srivastava ashish.sriv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 13:06:13 CET 2005

Hi All,

Daffodil DB is a feature rich Java RDBMS and we want to make Daffodil
DB's commercial as well as free version (One$DB) compatible with
OpenCms.

We will ensure the *compatibility* of Daffodil DB/One$DB with OpenCms.

Will that be of some interest to OpenCms community?

The strengths of Daffodil DB can be perceived from the fact that it is
the only database compatible with Compiere other than Oracle. Compiere
is a popular open source ERP + CRM application with over 800,000
users.  Until recently, Compiere used Oracle as a backend database, to
facilitate minimal database support issues.

On demand from the Compiere community (many of whom could not afford
the Oracle license) we took the challenge to provide a viable database
alternative - and Daffodil DB sailed through. We are receiving an
extra ordinary response from Compiere community; and this has
motivated us to find more such products to help the Java community.

Have a look on how Daffodil DB has benefited the Compiere community.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1153704&forum_id=146439
http://www.daffodildb.com/forum/forum.jspa?forumID=17

Please feel free to revert back with any comments/queries; I would be
more than glad to answer them.

Regards,
Ashish Srivastava