[opencms-dev] web.xml problem with FormMail module

Rafael Diaz Valdes Rafael.Diaz.Valdes at cern.ch
Thu Jan 6 15:34:11 CET 2005

Hi all list,

I have a problem in the web.xml configuration when I going to use the FormMail module.

I'm using Opencms 5 as ROOT in Tomcat (in order ot avoid the opencms/opencms/) also an Apache2 webserver in mod_proxy  to server the Opencms pages in port 80.

This is my configuration:

Apache2 (httpd.conf):

<VirtualHost 137.138.170.203>
ServerName pcaliweb03.cern.ch
UseCanonicalName off
CacheDisable *
ProxyPass /opencms/ http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch:8080/opencms/
ProxyPass /resources/ http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch:8080/resources/
ProxyPass /export/ http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch:8080/export/

ProxyPass / http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch:8080/opencms/
ProxyPassReverse / http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch:8080/opencms/
</VirtualHost>

Tomcat (/conf/server.xml)

<!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
    	       useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
	       proxyName="pcaliweb03.cern.ch" proxyPort="80"/>

Opencms (webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties)

url_prefix_export=/export
url_prefix_http=
url_prefix_https=
url_prefix_servername=

The configuration was working OK!!. then I going to install the FormMail module

The FormMail module was installed without problems then I add the <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> lines into my ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml file:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The main servlet that handles all requests to the OpenCms VFS.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>FormMailServlet</servlet-name>
       <description>
          This servlet takes a form and send the fields as email.
       </description>
       <servlet-class>com.opencms.modules.formmail.JFormMail</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/opencms/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>FormMailServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/formmail</url-pattern>
    <servlet-mapping>

 but after restart Tomcat and Apache when I going to the site (http://pcaliweb03.cern.ch) appear  the following error:

 HTTP Status 404 -/opencms/
 Status report /opencms/
 The requested resource (/opencms/) is not available

 Do you have an idea to solve this problem?? the instructions in the FormMail modules don't say anything when the opencms is ROOT in Tomcat.

 Please I need help!!!
Best Regards
Rafael