[opencms-dev] Re: lucene in OpenCms 5 for Excel

??? shiys at langhua.cn
Mon Jan 10 12:40:12 CET 2005

Hi Chris,

For Simplified Chinese and Excel, YES, jxl is better than POI. I tried POI to create and retrieve Excel file but failed, jxl workes. The main problem is char encoding.

I know OpenCMS 6 is using POI to parse Excel, I suggest this can be changed to JExcel.

Regards,

Shi Yusen / Beijing Langhua Ltd.

???: Christian Poecher [mailto:Poecher at gmx.net]
????: 2005?1?10? 5:12
???: opencms-dev at opencms.org

??? wrote:
> Try the following code to make index for Ms Excel files:

The lucene mod 1.5 contains POI which has support for Excel files, too.
So it should work "out of the box" with a little bit of configuration.

I wonder, if jxl is better than POI.

chris