[opencms-dev] Changing code of opencms

asawari pujari asawari_bhalchandra at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 07:45:03 CET 2005

Hello all,

I have built the opencms source (using ant).I have also put the compiled source code of opencms intoTomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory.

But now when i make my changes(i have just tried to put in "System.out.println("welcome")")
in the CmsLoginNew Class in the worplace folder of the source distribution.As far  my knowledge goes is is the Class that is accessed by the Login template.
I compile the code..it compiles...no problem.

I restart tomcat and enter the username and password and click "Login".The workplace is opened up.
But the strin "welcome"is not isplayed on the tomcat console.
Why is this so.?
How do i make changes to the code in that case!..

Kindly help!

Regards,
Asawari Pujari