=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Re:_AW:_[opencms-dev]_Repost:_xml-content, _encoding_and_export_point?=

lists at rueth.info lists at rueth.info
Mon Jan 17 08:58:01 CET 2005

Thanks, Thomas, for your help. I have meanwhile solved the problem by
doing the following:

- Starting Tomcat with the CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
option,
- setting the default encoding to ISO-8859-1 in
WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml and
- setting the meta tag <meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=<cms:property name="content.encoding"
file="search" default="ISO-8859-1"/>"> in all my html files.

Regards
Ulrich

P.S. In Firefox, do what Thomas suggested. In IE, set the "View -
Encoding" value to "Automatic" or "Western European (ISO).