AW: [opencms-dev] News Module -- Where to download for version 5. x

Manuel Krebs Manuel.Krebs at feltengmbh.de
Wed Jan 19 07:47:28 CET 2005

Hi Paul Bain,
it's for the version 5.x of OpenCMS.
Thank you very much for this info!

;)

Manuel Krebs

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul D. Bain [mailto:paulbain at pobox.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2005 01:52
An: The OpenCms mailing list
Betreff: Re: [opencms-dev] News Module -- Where to download for version
5.x

At 12:19 PM 1/18/2005, Dmitry wrote:

>On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:17, Manuel Krebs wrote:
>
>Wh[ich]  .  .  .  version of opencms?
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I`m searching for the "News Module with Content Syndication" that "was"
> > provided by Peter Glantschnig. At the moment his website
> > (www.glantschnig.info/) is shut down. Can anybody tell me where I can
find
> > this module? Or, is it possible, that someone send it to me?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Manuel Krebs

Manuel,

         If you cannot get that news module, then perhaps you could try the
news module written by Mark Miller, which is here:

http://www.hema.ch/personal/mark.miller/opencms/module_news.html

I believe that this version works only with version 5.x of OpenCMS, and I
do not know whether it supports content syndication through RSS (I doubt
it). You might want to investigate using an open source, content
syndication engine instead.

         For what it is worth (FWIW), there appear to be several news
modules for OpenCMS 5.x.

Sincerely,
Paul Bain