[opencms-dev] after installation of OpenCms 6.0 alpha 3: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: null

Christian Schmidt christian.schmidt at questico.de
Thu Jan 20 12:20:24 CET 2005

Hello Developers,

after the (successful) installation of OpenCms 6.0 alpha 3 on a w2k-pc
either with tomcat 5.5.4 or tomcat 5.0.25 and either mysql 4.1.7 or
4.0.20d I cannot view the opencms welcome page (or any other page from
within opencms). I always get the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
TldLocationsCache: null
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:248)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCache.java:219)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(JspCompilationContext.java:475)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:417)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)

It works to login into the workplace and it also works to edit pages.
Does anyone have an idea what the reason for the exception can be and
how I can fix it? I already checked the
...webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml and the only taglib configured looks ok:

     <taglib>
         <taglib-uri>http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms</taglib-uri>
         <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/opencms.tld</taglib-location>
     </taglib>

opencms.tld can be found at the configured location. Are there any other
taglibs used in the pages? I'd highly appreciate any help!

Thankyou,
best regards,
Christian