[opencms-dev] Changing generated link in e-mail notification

Nelson zirephoenix at rogers.com
Fri Jan 21 19:30:18 CET 2005

How do you change the link that is included in the e-mail notification
of new tasks?  I have a router setup to do port forwarding, but the port
number is not the same as the one used by the computer.  From the
outside, they access port 8787, then it gets forwarded to the server at
port 8080.

I looked in opencms-system.xml, and changed the <workplace-server>, but
that doesn't seem to do anything even after a Tomcat restart.

Right now, it uses an internal IP address of 192.168.0.x:8080, which is
what the server has, but isn't what other people use to connect.  People
connect from the ouside using the IP assigned by my ISP,
69.x.x.x:8787/opencms/opencms/system/login/

Is there a way to change the link directly without it trying to read
from the computer's configuration?  I don't necessarily need the full
link if I can change it to a static link.  I can do page forwarding with
my webspace.