[opencms-dev] JSP in Opencms: lack of control layer

Jorge González informatico at hotelparadisepark.com
Mon Jan 24 11:21:51 CET 2005

Hi list:

Is there any solution for the control layer into OpenCms ?
Struts is there, but is anybody using it within opencms ?
Are you mixing view and control into JSP code ?

Is anybody using another web-framework like spring / jsf ?

Well, i'm working now in a project where opencms is the content managmenent
system, but we like to manage content, only content with opencms, we don't
like to fight the JSP code inside a text area, nor we like to define
synchronization points and lose a lot of time reloading and checking.

We WILL use opencms, but the web programming paradigm is improving every day
with these frameworks (and the unit tests).
And i feel editing jsb bare source code in a text area and click-test it is
not the idea.

Thanks.