[opencms-dev] Suggestion for ALL email posts -- use version numbers!

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Tue Jan 25 05:33:41 CET 2005

	In the past few weeks, there have been many posts to this list relating to
version 6 of OpenCMS (OC) as well as to version 5.x of OC. Furthermore, it
is often necessary for me to read part (or all) of each email in order to
determine which of the two versions is involved. This reading wastes my
time. I suggest that, from now on, every poster place a label in the
subject line of his email in order to indicate the version number that his
post relates to. For example, if you want to post a message about version
6, you would place this label at the beginning of the subject line:

	Subject: ver. 6 -- <the rest of the subject line>

And for version 5.x:

	Subject: ver. 5 --

I hope that everyone agrees that this is a good idea, but, if not, I would
be willing to discuss alternative solutions.

Sincerely,
Paul Bain