[opencms-dev] Database Schema for OpenCms6

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Jan 29 00:36:10 CET 2005

> > 1) For those of us who are already using version 5, is there an
> > upgrade process to update the db schema?
>
> I had some issues with some CVS HEAD versions, but you should
> export OpenCms 5 and import it to OpenCms 6. AFAIK we lost
> the passwords and you have to set the permissions again.

Sorry about the passwords. IIRC we replaced the password encrypting
algorithm from the java.sun.* packages recently with another implementation
based on Apache commons codec. There's some key(s) in the XML configuration
that you can use to turn on/off the "old" algorithm. It this is of any
importance please let me know, I will mail some small howto then.

BTW no changes to the VFS DB strcuture is planned for the 6.0 final release.
It _may_ be required for us to do some adjustments in the user / group
tables (the current status still is very much the v5 schema). Doing a DB
export/import will always word.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior