[opencms-dev] Retrieving content from OpenCms to external web app

Oksanen, Miikka Miikka.Oksanen at satama.com
Wed Feb 2 16:48:43 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm evaluating OpenCms for my customer and planning to use it so that I'd
retrieve content from OpenCms web app to external web application.
We've been using Struts and Tiles in development of the web app in question
and there's some much UI logic involved that it would be too risky just to
mount them on OpenCms.

Instead, I'd like to replace the static content in the JSPs with the tags,
which would get the content from OpenCms. The JSPs would be located in
external web app and the content itself in some form in OpenCms. And there
might be a SessionFacade talking to OpenCms web app to return some certain
content (for example "release notes") and that would then be handed to the
other web app to be shown on the page through Business Facade, Struts Action
and finally the related JSP.

Is there any best practice to connect from external web app to OpenCms to
accomplish the defined task?

Best regards,
Miikka Oksanen

Mr. Miikka Oksanen
Technology Consultant
Satama Interactive
Email: miikka.oksanen at satama.com
Mobile: +358 40 526 3113
Address: Henry Fordin katu 6, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland
Web: www.satama.com