[opencms-dev] Admin action

Stephan Dale stephan.dale at clicksandlinks.com
Mon Feb 7 16:31:51 CET 2005

Hi all.

On old versions of OpenCMS (I believe 5.0rc1, maybe beta) I've written
functionality in a JSP that temporarily logs in as admin, calls whatever
admin-restricted method, then logs in as Guest, all without effecting
the current user's login status. However, this can't seem to be done on
OpenCMS 5.0.0 without logging the current user out. You can't get the
user's password because CmsUser.getPassword returns a hashed value
(unless the user's just been created) so you can't log the user back in
once they've been logged out.

Does anyone know of a way to temporarily perform admin actions in a JSP
without effecting the current user's login status? I'd like to be able
to display certain admin-restricted information to a normal user, such
as their group membership.

Many thanks.

Stephan

--
Stephan Dale
Senior Software Engineer

stephan.dale at clicksandlinks.com

Clicks and Links Ltd
The Old School House, Thirsk Street, Ardwick Green, Manchester, M12 6PN.
Tel: +44(161) 273 5252
Fax: +44(161) 273 5293
Web: www.clicksandlinks.com

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error please notify info at clicksandlinks.com.
This Email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses
currently known to Clicks and Links. However, the recipient is
responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any
attachment.

Clicks and Links Limited is incorporated in England and Wales under
company number 4029108. Registered address: 28 Moss Road, Alderley Edge,
Cheshire SK9 7HZ.