[opencms-dev] End user error notification

Eduard Nesterov edn at quadrix.com
Tue Feb 8 01:31:33 CET 2005

Hello List,

I am building the site where Webusers will be used. The only problem I
had so far is with error (exception) messages.
I totally agree that "Systemerror" window with the stack trace is OK for
the Workplace, but with Webusers I need to send back something shorter
and better understandable.
Here is the question:
- does OpenCMS 5.0.1 have some kind of error notification or messaging
other then one we get while throwing the exception
- in no, then is it possible to replace "Have a look at the details, or
contact your system administrator"  message with something like "User
name you entered already exists in the system. Please try again.".

I really appreciate all hints and help.

Ed