[opencms-dev] 2 Features: publish metadata and attribute hintballoons

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 08:12:22 CET 2005

Hi Jorge,

I have extended version 5 to support metadata and am now porting it over to
version 6. I have also spoken to Alex regarding integrating this
functionality to core. I have now almost finished the work and if get the
testing done in time this could be released with the next version of OpenCMS
(Alex: also an update for you on my progress. Hopefully I will be able to
send you the first version early next week).

The metadata part works very similar to the xml content type. Administrators
have a GUI to manage XML based config files and then these files are used to
render all different dialogs automatically at page creation stage (with
regular expression based validation and help bubbles ;D). All, values are
stored as page properties.

So, hopefully you are able to test this with the next release,

Regards,

Olli

   _____