[opencms-dev] Securing OpenCms workplace login

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 20:18:15 CET 2005

Hi Jeremy

you're right, multiple hosts for one ip are not possible because the
handshake is happening before the virtual host ist resolved. although it
  is possible to build a https proxy with mod_proxy and mod_rewrite. I
don't know if this helps in your particular case but i've attached an
example how i achieved ssl for multiple virtual hosts.

# SSL Proxy
<VirtualHost *:443>
   DocumentRoot "/"
   ServerName ssl.server.de
   SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/server.cert
   SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/server.key
   SSLEngine on
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond (%{HTTP_HOST}) host\.de
   RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.host.de$1 [P]
   RewriteCond (%{HTTP_HOST}) host2\.de
   RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.host2.de$1 [P]
</VirtualHost>

I don't know if this works with cookies but perhaps it may help you a
little bit.

Good luck
Sebastian