[opencms-dev] 301 permanent redirects

Daniel Rhoden drhoden at iiwinc.com
Fri Feb 11 01:27:28 CET 2005

I am trying to migrate my site to OpenCMS without loosing its page rank.

I have the situation that my existing site can run in parallel with the
new version statically exported from OpenCMS.
(samedomain/oldfolder/samecontent.jsp -->
samedomain/newfolder/samecontent.jsp)

I would like to use 301 redirects in hope that my Page Rank is not lost
or badly hurt. My plan is to choose one content section (4-10 pages in
the same folder) at a time and redirect them to their new folder
location (and new technology). I would probably space out the
redirections every few weeks or so.

In an environment totally hosted by Tomcat, how does one accomplish a
301 permanent redirect? What is the equivalent of ".htaccess" in
Tomcat?  Can 301 redirects be defined in web.xml somehow?

Thanks,

Daniel Rhoden