[opencms-dev] Securing OpenCms workplace login

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Feb 11 09:37:54 CET 2005

The best documentation is the JavaDoc in the class and the interface itself.

And of course the source code, which just some 100 LOC.

The idea behind the password handler is that e.g. at an installation you may
well want to have a special password policy, e.g. passwords being at last 8
chars long, being compromised of certain characters etc. To achive this
effect, you can implement a password handler that does that special password
checking. Also the password handler is used to verify the correctnet of any
given password when authenticating a users, as well as doning the
serialization of passwords for the user XML export.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts