[opencms-dev] Positioning/allocating content in CSS box model

visser arthur (02VOEMDIAHTKAND) arthur.visser at student.groept.be
Sat Feb 12 16:58:14 CET 2005

Thanks to some of you for the help I got so far! It works!

If got one (?) more problem which is rather difficult to work out.
My template includes a CSS stylesheet using the boxmodel. I have defined a box for content called 'main' and another one for news items called 'news'.
This box model is inherited from an existing site and the code looks something like this:

    <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="News" -->Todays' News items<!-- TemplateEndEditable --></div>

I want to re-create this model in OPenCMS 5.0.1. The template and CSS are in place and functioning. However, how can I allocate text to the 'main' box and to the 'news' box? All text put into a page is allocated to the "body" element in OpenCMS and thus I get it twice (in 'main' and in 'news').
I have tried to edit the ControlCode to add an elementdef ="news" and a couple of other things but can't get it to work.
Perhaps I need to make two pages in OpenCMS? One for 'main' and one for 'news'? If so, how to define these pages (Contol code)?

Thanks for your help (again!)

Arthur

OpenCMS 5.0.1 - Tomcat 5.0.18 - Java 1.4.2 - XP Home SP2 - MySQL 4.0.22