[opencms-dev] Postgres set fails: Database 'postgres' does notexist

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Feb 14 09:13:17 CET 2005

tony said:

>> What for? I may choose to install many instances of opencms against
>> different databases, there is little reason to choose "opencms", as it
>> implies only one instance of opencms will ever exist on that machine.
>
> Sorry I thought you were doing a first install to set up the workplace.

I was doing the first install of two opencms installs - the first a
testing one to play around with (and break if necessary), the second will
be the "real" install, with a possible third on the way as we need them.

>> Not to mention that the requirement to create this "opencms" database is
>> not documented anywhere. :(
>
> It was documented in the alpha version setup screen.

The setup screen asked me to create a database, but nowhere did it dictate
the name of the database - it gave the user the option of choosing the
database's own name.

I eventually got round this by creating a database by hand, getting it to
install the tables, then starting the install from scratch pointing it at
the existing database - then everything worked.

Regards,
Graham